Looking for a way to bump up the protein content of some of your favorite treats? Here’s one of my favorites. It combines a scoop of my chocolate Kaged Muscle Kasein, a protein that digests slowly, with the creamy texture and rich flavor of natural peanut butter. Combined with dates, dark chocolate, and maple syrup, you’ll definitely want to hide these treats—from yourself!
- Unsweetened dark chocolate, finely chopped, 1 cup
- Organic extra-virgin coconut oil, 1-1/2 tbsp
Peanut Butter Drizzle:
- Natural peanut butter, 3 tbsp
- Organic extra-virgin coconut oil, 1 tbsp
- Pure maple syrup, 1/2 tbsp
- Place dates in food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Add peanut butter, vanilla extract, chocolate Kasein protein powder, and sea salt, then blend for another 30 seconds. Add the cacao nibs, and pulse to distribute.
- Transfer mixture to freezer and allow 30 minutes to set. Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove mixture from freezer. Scoop heaping tablespoons of mixture, roll tight into 1-inch balls, and place on baking sheet. Transfer the sheet to the freezer and allow balls to set for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine dark chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler* and whisk until smooth. Set aside for Step 5.
- Remove baking sheet from freezer. Spoon a tablespoon of the chocolate mixture over each ball. Transfer baking sheet back to freezer and allow 15 minutes to set.
- In a double broiler*, whisk together the peanut butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup until smooth. Lightly drizzle balls with mixture. Serve.
Print The Recipe PDF!
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Recipe yields 16 balls
- Protein: 3 g
- Carbohydrate: 5.5 g
- Fat: 10 g
*A double boiler is a set of two fitted saucepans that are stacked together with space between them. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can substitute by using a large saucepan filled with 2 inches of water and a steel-mixing bowl placed inside of it. Bring the water to a simmer before placing the mixing bowl with the ingredients in the pan. Be sure that no water comes in contact with the chocolate, or the mixture will bind up.